Even if you can't pick your own this National Pick Strawberries Day, we hope you'll buy some of nature's tasty ruby red jewels at your local farmers' market or supermarket (we recommend organic). Eat them straight out of the carton, or create tastebud-pleasing recipes. Read more tips on picking, washing and using strawberries here.
One of our favorite strawberry recipes is a "Berry" Fresh Strawberry Honey Sauce. Satisfy your sweet tooth with this berrylicious sauce that can be used as a spread or dessert topping -- especially on National Strawberry Sundae Day, which will be here before you know it on July 7!
"Berry" Fresh Strawberry Honey Sauce
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup BeeAlive Pure & Natural Honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- Warm honey in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until thin but not hot.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and strawberries.
- Stir until blended, cover and let stand at room temperature until ready to serve.
- Allow to reach room temperature before serving. Spread on toast or an English muffin, mix with peanut butter or add to desserts!
Note: The sauce will keep covered in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.