Two weeks ago, we expressed our excitement for Natural Products Expo West 2013. We traveled to the sunny California coast to exhibit BeeAlive's royal jelly and all-natural skin care lines in New Hope Natural Media's 33rd annual event; a three-day trade show to showcase natural supplements, beauty products and food and beverages in a common meeting place for brands, retailers and influencers in the natural products and healthy living industries.
We had a fantastic time! Expo West topped both exhibitor and attendee records, drawing more than 63,000 industry members and 2,428 exhibiting companies at the Anaheim Convention Center, March 7-10, 2013 in Anaheim, CA. Seven members from our marketing team represented BeeAlive at two booths: one showcasing our royal jelly supplements and the other our Spa Essentials all-natural skin care line. This was royal jelly's second time at Expo West, but Spa Essentials' debut. Both booths received a ton of traffic. Attendees were eager to learn about and try our products.
What did attendees rave about?
Royal Jelly Booth Highlights:
- Our Story: Attendees who visited our royal jelly booth loved hearing our story -- we are a family-owned and operated company that has been in business for almost 30 years. Madeline Balletta started BeeAlive at her kitchen table, and passed the BeeAlive legacy on to her son, current BeeAlive President Jason Balletta.
- We're Generational: Attendees loved meeting Tommy, founder Madeline's grandson and President Jason's nephew, who helped staff the booth. He's been taking royal jelly his entire life!
- Samples & Packaging: Attendees loved being able to try the products! Visitors to the booth lined the aisles, eager to experience a caffeine-free natural energy boost from shots of Energy SERJ and our other non-freeze dried royal jelly products. Attendees raved about our beautiful and professional glass packaging -- we pride ourselves on attention to detail!
- We Are Innovators: Attendees enjoyed hearing that we will be introducing vegetarian royal jelly capsules ("Veggie Caps") by the end of 2013. Although we are not new to the industry, we are continually striving to better ourselves to exceed expectations.
- Our Reputation: Many people knew us, and some visitors to our booth were even existing customers. Having been direct to consumer for years, we have a longstanding promise to our large and loyal customer base to provide high-quality products, consumer education and customer service, which the attendees respected.
- Our Story: Attendees loved the story of our all-natural skin care. After the birth of their triplets, Jason Balletta's wife Rose became more aware of the importance of not only what we put in our bodies, but on them, as well. Attendees respected that we have served our customers with natural dietary supplements for nearly three decades, and now, with the introduction of Spa Essentials, have expanded our mission to help our customers help themselves holistically, inside and out.
- New Products Showcase: Our Spa Essentials all-natural skin care line, which will celebrate its one-year anniversary April 1, was featured on display in the main lobby! Many people visited our booth after seeing the products there.
- Formulator Petra Stone: Audiences surrounded our booth as Petra captivated them with her story and philosophy of all-natural skin care. She is a third-generation organic farmer who extended her knowledge and experience to skin care. Her presence in the booth proved to attendees that BeeAlive is committed to providing consumers top-quality products!
- Handcrafted & Derived From Bee Products: Attendees appreciated that Spa Essentials is the ONLY natural skin care line on the market with delicate handcrafted formulas, produced by gently infusing the intense nourishing properties of royal jelly, honey, propolis and bee pollen with the soothing qualities of natural herbs and essential oils. Bee products are quickly becoming a common trend in foods and beauty products -- we are proud to be trend-setters!
- "Farm-Couture" Theme: Many attendees were drawn to our booth because it stood out from others -- inspired by a rustic theme, the booth was decorated beautifully with barrels of fresh flowers and natural herbs that accented our skin care products.
- Samples & Packaging: Just as in the royal jelly booth, attendees could not resist sampling our products. They were in awe of the beautiful frosted glass sample jars, and loved our full-size packaging, as well. Many attendees took samples to try and came back the following day to share their satisfaction and enthusiasm with the products! We know how great they are, and were so happy others felt the same!
Expo West 2013 was truly a success and wonderful learning opportunity. As Adam Andersen, Natural Products Expo West show director, said: “You truly had to be present at this year’s event to experience the energy felt on the show floor and throughout Anaheim. The Grand Plaza at the convention center became the natural products community’s living room for four days, and is where we celebrated the industry’s continued success.” We are so fortunate to have been a part of the Expo; we met many industry professionals who would like to help us bring BeeAlive to the shelves of your favorite stores. The future looks bright for BeeAlive, and we look forward to the opportunities that lie ahead! Thanks for following us on our journey! :)
To see more photos and videos from Natural Products Expo West, please Like us on Facebook, subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us on Instagram @beealiveinc!
***Official Rules: Free fill consists of three individual products per SKU. Open to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Must have resale certificate in order to enter. To be eligible for entry, individual must Like Bee Alive, Inc. on Facebook and leave comment in comment box below to notify that he/she has done so. Entry period begins Monday, March 25, 2013 at 10:00 am EST and ends Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 8:59 am EST. A random winner will be selected using a random number generator. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the giveaway period. Winner will be announced in the comment section of this blog post and on Facebook Wednesday, April 10th by noon EST. Be entering, entrants and winner(s) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (BeeAlive, Inc.).***
Top Row: Alex, Tommy, Jen, Petra
Bottom Row: Aimee, Emily, Clare